A Free Straw Poll Maker That Gets More Votes
Use our powerful straw poll maker to create unlimited polls. Start from scratch or use our optimized templates. Analyze results in real-time. Run from any device. Collect data safely.
Trusted by 100,000+ customers across 190 countries
Templates & Examples
Hundreds of templates for every use-case or scenario.View more poll templates
How to Make a Straw Poll in 1 Minute
Track votes in real-time. Analyze the results to identify audience preferences, high-converting questions, and trends. Optimize to maximize submissions, leads, and revenue.
What Makes Our Straw Poll Maker Unique
Learn about our online poll maker‘s special features that can help you make better decisions, spark insightful discussions, and more.
Easy & Fast to Create
Whether you want to get feedback, kick off discussions, or just have some fun with your audience, you can easily put together an awesome poll with our poll maker.
For more details, check out our video tutorial.
All the Features You Need
We’ve got you covered with advanced features for all use cases and scenarios.
- Set automatic poll deadlines.
- Let your voters select a single answer, multiple answers, or suggest their own. You can also allow users to change their vote after voting.
- Decide if and when voters can see the poll results.
- Add a lead form to grow your email list.
- Redirect voters to a landing page after the vote with a CTA button.
Attention-grabbing polls start with great design. With Opinion Stage’s customization options, you can create an appealing straw poll that’s as unique as your brand.
- Switch up the color theme, font, answer layouts, and more.
- Make your straw poll pop by adding images from our image bank, videos, GIFs, and emojis.
- Upload your own custom CSS to change everything, and use our white label option to match your straw poll perfectly with your brand.
Keeping in touch with people after they vote is a great way to build relationships with potential leads. Add a lead form to your straw poll to collect email addresses and other contact information.
To help increase poll submissions, the contact form is automatically displayed right after the participants submit their votes and while they’re still engaged. You can also configure the participant’s results to appear only after they have submitted their contact form.
Fully Responsive & Mobile-Optimized
Our online poll maker allows you to easily poll your audience wherever they are. Your online straw polls will look fantastic and function flawlessly on any device – from tiny phone screens to large desktop monitors.
All straw polls made with Opinion Stage are also guaranteed to load fast on all network connections, ensuring maximum participation and completion rates.
Embed & Share Anywhere
Make it easy for your audience to answer your poll by sharing it on your site, across social media, in online meetings, and more.
- Easily embed your poll on any website, such as WordPress, Wix, or Squarespace.
- If you don’t own a website, you can run your poll directly from an optimized landing page on the Opinion Stage site.
- Share the poll links in your classroom, online meetings, on various social media platforms, email lists, or messaging apps.
- If you’re creating Twitter polls, you can customize the default message, handles, and hashtags of your Twitter shares.
- To encourage your audience to share your straw poll, add a social sharing bar.
Advanced Automated Reporting
Get detailed real-time visual reports about your poll performance, answers, and responses.
- Performance reports will give you information about your poll’s exposure and engagement.
- Answer reports show you a breakdown of your straw poll’s answers in column graphs and pie charts.
- Response reports will display all the voter data you’ve collected, including timestamps and contact details (if collected).
You can export all this information to a CSV/XLS file for advanced analysis.
Designed for High Volume Voting
Designed for top performance, our online poll maker guarantees that high-volume voting scenarios always run smoothly without a hitch.
- To ensure high availability and excellent performance, your data is stored on multiple Amazon AWS servers in different geographic locations.
- Using professional tracking tools, we constantly monitor our service to ensure that there are no performance issues or glitches.
Block Duplicate Voting & Stop Cheating
Get accurate poll data with our features designed to stop cheating in its tracks.
- Block repeat votes from the same browser/IP.
- Automatically detect and block robot voting.
- Set a time gap between votes.
- Catch irregular voting patterns by exporting your poll data to CSV/XLS file.
How to Make a Top Performing Straw Poll
Create winning straw polls in no time with our easy-to-follow guide.
Define your goals & make a plan
Before you start creating your straw poll, pause first to determine your objectives. Having a clear goal will make it easier to come up with a focused, relevant question that gets you the insights you need.
Also consider who you’re polling – is it your social media followers, website visitors, or a closed group? Figuring out your target audience can help you tailor the poll question and answers to them. Additionally, decide if this will be a public poll that anyone can access, or a private poll shared only with select people.
Create a straw poll
When you have a plan and goal in mind, it’s time to create your straw poll.
- You can create a poll from scratch or use one of our optimized poll templates.
- Customize your poll by choosing from different color themes and fonts. Don’t forget to add fun, bright images to attract your audience and keep them engaged.
- Decide on the answer layout. There are list, image, rounded-image, and thumbnail layouts to choose from.
- You can also include extra features in your poll, such as choosing a date and time to automatically close your poll, allowing users to suggest additional answers, displaying a message after voting, adding a lead form, and more.
Share with your audience
Now that your straw poll is finely tuned and ready to roll, it’s time to let the world know.
Share your poll on any social network, email list, or messaging app. You can also embed it on your website or run it from an optimized landing page on the Opinion Stage site.
Tip: To get a balanced perspective that helps you make solid choices, make sure your poll reaches a diverse range of random people to avoid skewed results from selection bias.
Monitor feedback in real time
Keep an eye on your dashboard to track the votes in real-time. If the early results suggest you need to make adjustments, don’t worry – you can keep tweaking and fine-tuning the poll even after it goes live.
Review reports & stats
Once your poll closes, it’s time to dig into the results. The automated reports provide real-time insights into poll views, responses, outcome, and performance. You can also export this information to a CSV/XLS file for advanced analysis.
Benefits of Using a Straw Poll Maker
Find out why straw polls are a must-have tool for all teachers, marketers, businesses, and organizations.
Get Real-Time Feedback
If you’ve ever had a burning question and wanted instant opinions, a straw poll is the right tool for you.
Straw polls give you the power to gather opinions on the spot, making them perfect for those “should I or shouldn’t I” moments.
Encourage Engagement & Participation
Straw polls are a great way to help foster a sense of community and get people actively engaged in decision-making.
They give everyone a chance to share their thoughts in a relaxed and approachable way, creating an environment where everyone’s input is important.
Collect Unbiased Opinions
Getting candid feedback is difficult when people filter their responses. But with anonymous straw polls, you remove bias so people feel comfortable honestly sharing their views.
When names aren’t attached, you can receive unfiltered, authentic perspectives.
Cost-Effective & Easy to Make
Straw polls offer an effective and budget-friendly way to gather feedback. They have minimal setup costs, don’t require complicated software, and have a light administrative workload.
Plus, you don’t have to deal with complicated voter registration processes or record-keeping.
5 Ways You Can Use Our Straw Poll Maker
Ready to harness the power of straw polls? Here are five fantastic ways you can use our poll creator to your advantage.
1. Make Fast Decisions
Straw polls provide quick insight into people’s opinions, making them perfect for decisions that can’t wait.
Whether you’re deciding on the menu for an employee potluck dinner or selecting the best date for a product launch, a straw poll can help you efficiently gather input and make timely choices.
2. Gather Customer Feedback
If you’re considering launching a new product or wondering how to improve your services, create a quick poll to get insight straight from your customers.
A quick poll gives you useful feedback to help make decisions about your next steps.
3. Engage Classroom Discussions
Straw polls are a great way to spark classroom discussions and critical thinking.
By asking thought-provoking questions in your class polls and having students share their opinions, you can quickly assess their understanding and get the whole class engaged in the lesson.
4. Conduct Market Research
Use straw polls to learn about your competitive landscape and competitors and identify trends.
By finding out your target audience’s preferences, you can adjust your messaging, offerings, and services to better align with their needs.
5. Get Insights at the Office
Straw polls can help you collect honest feedback in workplace settings. You can use them to:
- Gather anonymous team feedback. Ask questions about new initiatives, company values, or remote work preferences without requiring names. Anonymous polls encourage people to share honest opinions.
- Understand why people leave with exit polls. Ask departing team members to indicate their reasons for leaving, such as career growth, work environment or compensation. The poll data you collect will provide insight to help you boost retention.
What is a straw poll?
A straw poll is a quick and informal survey used to gauge opinions or preferences on a particular topic. It’s a handy way to get a sense of people’s opinion so you can make effective decisions without investing a lot of time or resources.
Where can I create a free straw poll?
You can create unlimited straw polls for free with Opinion Stage’s free plan. There are no initial costs, no limit to how long you can use the service, and you can get started creating captivating polls right away.
How are straw polls different from regular polls?
While the goal of straw polls and regular polls is to gather people’s opinions, they do have some key differences.
Straw Polls: These are informal polls held in casual settings like social gatherings or online forums. They give a quick view of opinions without strict methods.
Regular Polls: These polls use organized sampling methods to make sure the group surveyed represents the larger population accurately and in a statistically meaningful way. For example, regular polls are used for decisions and analysis in fields such as politics.
Can I use straw polls for serious decision-making?
Even though straw polls give us valuable data-driven insights, we need to be careful when using them for big decisions. They work well for getting initial opinions, starting conversations, or testing the waters before making well-informed choices.
How do I make sure I get a diverse range of opinions in my straw poll?
Get more people involved by sharing your straw poll across different channels like social media, emails, websites, and forums. Doing this can help you gather a wider range of opinions that better represent different viewpoints.
Can I customize the appearance of my straw poll?
Yes, you can customize your straw poll to perfectly fit your theme or brand identity. When you create a straw poll using our online poll maker, you can choose from different templates, layouts, themes, colors, and fonts. Our image bank has thousands of pictures to choose from that can make your straw poll more visually appealing and engaging.
You can also upload your own custom CSS to change everything and use our white label option to make your straw poll really your own.
What's the ideal length for a straw poll?
Make sure your straw poll is short and sweet to keep people interested. Usually, one question with a few answer choices works well. Longer polls might lead to lower completion rates and reduced engagement.
Is the data I collect with my straw poll safe and secure?
Your data’s safety is our priority, which is why top organizations and publishers trust us with their information. We store your data on secure Amazon AWS servers, and all data transit is done over HTTPS.
We follow industry-standard security and privacy guidelines and strictly comply with general data protection regulations. Plus, we also conduct regular assessments to verify that your data is always safe and secure.
Are my straw poll results legally binding?
No, straw poll results are generally not legally binding. They are meant to provide an informal snapshot of public opinion and are not considered formal agreements or decisions.
Hundreds of Integrations
Send your email leads to Mailchimp, sync responses with Google Sheets. Get it all done automatically.
Loved By Our Customers
Hundreds of customers gave us 5-star reviews
The software is adorable and never compromises on capabilities and features. While it is very resourceful, using it is straightforward as the user interface is simple and easy to understand. With this software, we have been able to push our business forward thanks to the ability to gather and analyze the right information.
I've used Opinion Stage since 2015 to create engaging quizzes & polls for our readers. The quizzes and polls that we develop are received very positively with a good response. During the years we have used Opinion Stage, our readership has increasingly developed.
Our go-to service for Bullion Dealer of the Year Vote. Ease of use and excellent capabilities. Handles huge traffic volume and I love that we can hide the vote results until the end of voting. We can also track votes and customize the voting forms so it looks like an integral part of our website.