How to Create a Poll on Discord in Seconds
Make a Discord Poll in 4 Quick & Simple Steps
It takes seconds to build a beautiful interactive poll and share it on Discord. This is how it’s done.
1. Create a Poll
Make a poll using this poll creation form, it will literally take you a minute. Simply type in your question, add answer options, one or more images, and save your poll to your dashboard.
2. Visit Your Items Dashboard
Now that your poll is ready, go to ‘My Items‘ and find your poll. This is where all the polls, quizzes, forms, and surveys you create with Opinion Stage will be stored.
3. Go To ‘Embed & Share’
Now click on the ‘Embed & Share’ button that’s associated with your poll, select ‘Share Link’ in the popup window that appears, and copy the direct link.
4. Share Your Poll on Discord
Last but not least, paste the link you copied on any Discord Server or private chat.
And that’s it, you’re done!
Here’s a live Discord poll built with the Opinion Stage poll maker.
Try It Out
Tips & Best Practices for Your Discord Poll
Here are a few tips and tricks that will help you reach top results and maximum participation when you share a poll in Discord.
Create Your Poll With a Purpose
Before deciding on your poll question make sure you’re clear on your goal, it’ll make it easier for you to reach results. The purpose of your Discord-type poll could be:
- To start a conversation. Use a simple poll to improve communication between users by triggering a discussion on your server. For example, you could ask something like – which of the following is most challenging for you at work: (a) motivation (b) focus (c) competition (d) socializing? It’s a great way to get people thinking and talking.
- To gather feedback. You could ask a poll question about different products you’re thinking of adding to your e-store. To do so, you could make a reaction poll featuring the relevant products, and share it on a list of servers that host your target audience.
- To collect leads. If, for instance, you want to grow your mailing list, you could ask your Discord server members for their email addresses right after they answer a poll and before they see the results. This will motivate them to share their details in order to see the results.
- To reach broad audiences. Consider sharing your poll on additional platforms to increase its exposure. For example, you could also make it a WhatsApp or Line poll, as well as a Slack poll.
Choose a Question That Matters
Whether it’s a simple poll or a complex one you’re building, remember – you only have one question, so make it count. In other words, ask something that interests you as well as your audience. Additionally, be sure to cover all answer options so as not to lose voters simply because they had no answer button to click on.
Ready to get started?
Customize Your Poll
- Control the look and feel. Choose a color theme and fonts that make your poll match your brand or highlight the topic of your poll. If you can’t find a theme that’s perfect, you could always use advanced features like CSS override to customize your poll design from A to Z (it’s on the right-hand bottom corner of the look & feel section of our poll maker dashboard).
- Write a powerful poll title. On Discord, just like on all other social media platforms, you’re competing for people’s attention. So, if you choose a title that’s both informative and snappy your chances of winning their attention are much higher.
- Use great visuals. Another way to grab your users’ attention is using inviting visuals. To do so, all you need is to add a great cover image or video to catch their eye. You can also use images and videos to illustrate your answer options and encourage people to participate.
Check out our poll maker page for more poll options, advanced features, and types of polls you can easily access and use when sharing polls within Discord.
FAQs About Creating Discord Polls
Follow the instructions above to create a poll on a PC, Mac, or even a mobile device, and then share it in Discord. It’s as simple as that.
A straw poll is an unofficial vote used to reflect a popular opinion on a specific topic. As such, it can show a majority opinion in a community and is an excellent way to get people to select and defend their favorite option.
When creating a poll with Opinion Stage repeat voting is automatically blocked. But changing this default option is simple: go to the settings section, find ‘block repeat voting’, and change the selection to ‘allow repeated voting’.
There are two main aspects to ending a poll. First, there’s the aspect of ending the voting experience. For example, you could choose to show results immediately after the vote, or not show them at all. You can also decide to display a thank you message to the user after they vote and/or add a lead form. Second, there’s the aspect of closing the actual poll. Here too you have a couple of options: you could close it manually when you feel the timing is right, or create a timed poll that closes automatically at a predetermined time and date. All these options appear in the settings section and are no more than a click away.
Just like creating a Discord poll, creating a Twitch poll, requires a minute (or less) on our poll maker. Once you create your poll you can copy the link to it and share it on any platform, including Twitch. Even if you haven’t subscribed to Twitch, you can still make a vote or a poll with our online voting tool and share it in a Twitch chat channel.
You Can Easily Do It Yourself, No Need For A Developer!