Have you decided to create a quiz but are unsure of which quiz maker to use? Do you have questions about what to expect from the best online quiz maker?
Don’t fall into the trap of believing that all online quiz creators are the same. It doesn’t matter if you’re using a quiz to generate leads, conduct a training survey, or for some other reason, only the best will do.
So, this leads to an important question: what does the word “best” mean to you?
This varies from person to person, but when it comes to an online quiz maker there are some features and details you shouldn’t ignore.
Create Your First Quiz in MinutesCreate a Quiz
12 Things to Expect From the Best Online Quiz Creator
While you’re sure to have your own list of what you want from an online quiz creator, there are some details you can’t afford to overlook. Here are 12 of them:
1. Ability to Create Different Types of Quizzes
The best online quiz creators provide the ability to create many different types. The most common include:
- Personality quiz
- Trivia quiz
- Assessment quiz
- Knowledge test
- Scored quiz
- Yes/no quiz
- True/false quiz
- Multiple choice quiz
- Matching quiz
Opinion Stage, for example, allows you to create all these types of quizzes, among others. Even better, you have access to hundreds of templates, allowing you to get started without any learning curve.
The only thing you have to worry about is deciding which type of quiz matches your requirements.
2. Easy to Create
Even if you have plenty of time to create a quiz, it doesn’t mean you want to jump through hoops to do so. You want the process to be simple, streamlined, and time efficient.
A quiz maker that requires you to be a tech genius is one you want to avoid. Not only should it be simple to create a quiz, but it should be just as easy to share it with your audience.
Here are some of the many features that can simplify the process:
- Access to themes broken down by category
- Text examples to give you an idea of where to start (see the screenshot below)
- One-click customization
- Multi-language support to ensure that you’re reaching your target audience in a clear manner
- More than one way to embed and share: Script, WordPress, iframe, placement (such as pop-up), and link
It shouldn’t take hours on end to learn how to use a quiz maker. Just the same, it shouldn’t take long to actually create a quiz. The features above will save you time and keep you sane!
3. Access to Templates
We briefly touched on this above, but it’s important to dive into the finer details of using templates. The benefits of using a template include:
- No learning curve
- All of the design work is done for you
- Source of inspiration
- Ability to quickly change the appearance of your quiz, as you can move from template to template without losing your content
Opinion Stage has hundreds of templates to choose from, as well as streamlined search functionality to help you find exactly what you’re looking for.
The above screenshot shows the types of quizzes you can select to narrow your options. If you know what type of quiz you’re using – such as a personality quiz or trivia quiz – you can designate it here.
Conversely, for those times when you’re unsure of what you want, you can search “all types.”
Once you make this selection, it’s onto the topic:
In addition to the 19 topics included, Opinion Stage also allows you to request a new topic. With enough requests, there’s a good chance your proposal will make its way onto the list.
Keep in mind that a template is a jumping off point. You can use it as-is, if you desire, but you can also customize it to meet your specific requirements.
4. Collect Leads
Depending on the purpose of your quiz, collecting leads may be one of your primary goals. While the answers are important, the best online quiz makers also have a built-in system for collecting other types of data.
At the very least, require the respondent to share their name, email address, and company. If there are other details that are important to you – such as title and location – make it a required part of your quiz.
There are two primary advantages of using quizzes to generate leads:
- You get more leads because respondents are invested in your content
- You get qualified leads because the answers in the lead form are associated with the answers to the quiz
The growth of your business is directly tied to your ability to collect and close qualified leads. With a quiz creator, you have another avenue for adding leads to your pipeline.
5. Create a Quiz that Leads Respondents to Make a Purchase
This goes along with point #4, as collecting leads via a quiz maker puts you in position to generate sales and revenue.
For example, you can ask a series of questions – that based on the respondent’s answers – leads them to the best product or service for them.
Other ideas include:
- Add a call to action at the end of the quiz
- Automatically redirect users to different landing pages based on their answers
With the right approach and tools, you can create a quiz that leads respondents to make a purchase. This will have a direct impact on your sales and revenue – and there’s no better feeling!
6. Skip Logic
Your online quiz maker may be smarter than you think.
With the use of skip logic, you can send respondents to a future point in the quiz based on their answer or answers. For example, you may ask a respondent if they’re employed or unemployed with the idea of asking each group a different set of questions.
An online quiz maker that’s both intuitive and logical provides many benefits:
- Customized experience
- Higher level of relevancy for the respondent
- More accurate and detailed results
An intuitive quiz maker takes all the guesswork out of the process by adjusting the quiz based on the respondent’s answer. And of course, this is done in a logical manner as to keep the respondent on track.
The Opinion Stage skip logic feature is designed so you can show respondents relevant questions based on their responses. Just the same, it can skip questions that don’t pertain to the respondent.
7. Customized to Suit Your Site and Brand
You don’t want your online quizzes to look the same as every other company. And you definitely don’t want your quizzes to bore your audience or scare them away from participating.
With a custom appearance, your quiz will integrate seamlessly with the design of your website and brand. From the color to the font, your quiz will look and feel like it belongs on your site.
Here’s a screenshot of the Opinion Stage quiz creator:
In addition to customizing the content and images, the “look and feel” tab gives you access to:
- Color scheme: Choose from more than 10 different colors
- Font: Choose from more than 20 different fonts
- Preview width: The default is 500px, but you can customize the width accordingly
- CSS Override: Paste custom CSS code that will override default styles
Here are two quizzes with the same content and images, but an entirely different look and feel:
Now, let’s look at a quiz with a different color scheme:
The content and image are identical, but it doesn’t look or feel the same.
Get into the habit of creating and comparing several custom layouts before finalizing which one to use. Sometimes, a subtle change can go a long way in making for a more successful quiz.
Note: Opinion Stage also allows you to white label the quiz and add your own logo, thus giving the impression that you developed it in-house.
8. Integrate with Social
It doesn’t always make sense to share your quizzes and surveys via social media, but you at least want the option to do so.
Opinion Stage makes it easy to integrate with social:
The first thing you want to do is add an image. Since it’s displayed when sharing on social networks, it should closely relate to the quiz itself.
You can then customize the following:
- Social sharing bar: Turn it on or turn it off. The sharing bar let’s users share your quiz in many different social networks including facebook, twitter, pintrest, reddit, tumblr and more
- Display Facebook Comments: Allows you to display Facebook comments beneath the widget interface
- Customize Twitter message: Customize the text, handles and hashtags that will be included in Twitter shares
If you have a reason to share your quiz on social media, the best online quiz maker allows you to do so with ease. With a few clicks of your mouse, you can automate the entire process.
9. Integrate with Marketing Automation
There’s no denying the data you’ll collect when you distribute an online quiz. However, this data doesn’t do you any good unless you put it to use.
This is where marketing automation comes into play.
Sticking with the email marketing example above, it’s often a good idea to ask respondents for their name and email address. You can then add the information to your email marketing list, thus giving you the opportunity to make contact again in the future.
Opinion Stage has multiple marketing automation integrations deigned to save you time, all while taking advantage of the data you collect.
For some reason, not all quiz software include marketing automation tools, but you should have a variety of options available to you. This allows for your quizzes and marketing strategy to work together in perfect harmony.
Note: you can also integrate with webhooks and Zapier to connect with hundreds of email providers, CRMs and marketing automation tools.
10. Generate Ad Revenue
Are you interested in using online quizzes to generate revenue?
Through integration with ad providers, you’re able to generate revenue by integrating ads in your items.
As powerful as this feature may be, it’s one that many quiz maker software applications don’t offer.
With the help of our team, you’re able to integrate ads in your quizzes, thus providing another income stream.
There are times when it makes sense and times when it doesn’t, but it’s always nice to have the option available to you.
11. Embed Anywhere
You put a lot of time into creating the perfect quiz, so it’s natural to be excited about embedding it so you can see it in action.
But there’s a potential problem lurking: the process of embedding your quiz.
You can expect the best online quiz maker to streamline this process, allowing you to instantly publish your quiz.
Opinion Stage has five unique options for embedding a quiz online:
Here’s a brief rundown on when to use each type:
- Script: When you want to add the HTML code directly to your website, such as in a blog post or sidebar
- WordPress: we offer an advanced Opinion Stage WordPress plugin that lets you realyl simplify the process of adding quizzes to your site.
- Placement: With placements, you can copy the code onto your site just once, then decide which item is displayed on your site from the Opinion Stage dashboard
- Link: The perfect choice for sharing your quiz via email, social medial, or sending a link to an optimized landing page with your quiz on the Opinion Stage site
It’s possible you’ll need to use one or more of these embed options, so become familiar with the inner workings of each.
12. Remarketing Based on Answers
In short, remarketing, also known as retargeting, is the act of serving targeted ads to people who have already visited or taken a specific action on your website.
There are two ways to use remarketing alongside an online quiz maker:
- Gather emails associated with the respondents’ answers: This allows you to send different emails to different respondents, as they’re segmented by their original answers.
- Pixels and ads: A different approach that allows you to serve targeted ads to people who have taken a quiz or answered a question in the quiz in a certain way.
There are many benefits of remarketing, including but not limited to:
- Ability to target your audience when they’re most interested
- Laser focused advertising
- Higher return on investment (ROI)
Create Your First Quiz in MinutesCreate a Quiz
Now that you know what to expect from the best online quiz maker, it’s time to get serious about your search.
When you choose the best online quiz maker, you gain access to features that allow you to get the most out of every quiz you create.
Opinion Stage supports all the features above – plus many more – so it’s a good place to start your search.