How to Create a Product Recommendation Quiz for WooCommerce
Create a WooCommerce Quiz With a Template
A variety of interactive product quiz templates are waiting for you in our template library. All you need to do is choose a template and adapt it to your specific needs.
Create a WooCommerce Quiz From Scratch
Boost engagement and sales with interactive quizzes. They’re super easy to build and share with our intuitive tool.
1. Make a Quiz
Click on this link to start creating. Easily add unlimited questions, images, and result cards that will lead your customers to the products that best serve their needs.
2. Go to ‘My Items’
After creating your WooCommerce quiz, locate it in your items library. This is your admin dashboard, where you can access all the quiz types and items you’ve created so far, return to edit them, track their performance, and embed or share them with a click.
3. Install the Opinion Stage WordPress Plugin
Open your WordPress account and click on ‘Add New’ under the ‘Plugins’ menu. Type Opinion Stage in the search bar and install Poll, Survey & Quiz Maker Plugin by Opinion Stage. Once it’s installed, activate the plugin.
4. Embed Your Quiz on Your WooCommerce Site
Click on the ‘Embed & Share’ button, and select the ‘WordPress’ tab. Now copy the shortcode at the bottom and add it to the description section of your WoooCommerce product page.
…and you’re done!
Try This Product Quiz
Tips & Best Practices for Your WooCommerce Product Recommendation Quiz
Improve sales and conversion rates while giving your customers the best personalized advice with an interactive product quiz.
Make It Beautiful
Beautiful quizzes get better results. Use images and videos to keep your quiz takers engaged and increase quiz completion rates.
- Add visuals to your quiz questions and answer options. The images you add will not only spice up the experience but also help clarify your questions.
- Place flattering product images in the results cards (and throughout your quiz) to get people interested in and better acquainted with your unique product line.
- Customize your quiz design. Choose a color theme that suits your brand, expresses your shop’s custom style, and highlights the other visual elements in your quiz.
- If you work with a designer you can also use CSS override for a fully customizable quiz design.
Think of It as a Friendly Conversation
A good product recommendation quiz for WooCommerce or any other eCommerce platform can make your customers feel like they have their own personal shopper.
- Make it easy to understand. Write clearly and simply in your questions, answer options, and result cards.
- Don’t be too formal. Keep your voice and tone friendly. Remember that your goal is to offer a fun, easy, and helpful experience – service with a smile.
- Beware of double-barreled questions. They’re confusing and frustrating. Only ask one question at a time.
Personalize It With Skip Logic
Personalize your Woocommerce quiz using skip logic. Skip logic is a feature that changes the question a respondent sees next based on the answer they chose for the previous question. It allows you to create a custom path that varies based on your customer’s answers for a more personalized experience.
Collect Valuable Data
In addition to performance reports, our analytics dashboard also offers different visualizations of all the data you collect with your WooCommerse quiz.
- View answer reports in pie charts and bar charts to reach quick insights about your customers and products.
- Export all data to a CSV or XLS file with a click.
- If you asked respondents for their email addresses, you can use their association with the answers they gave to send them hyper-relevant promotional content or add them to your mailing lists.
Analyze and Improve It on the Go
Once your eCommerce quiz is live, you can track its performance and improve it accordingly. Use our built-in advanced quiz analytics to monitor views, quiz responses, completion rates, and engagement.
Over a period of time, you’ll begin to notice patterns in engagement, which you can act on immediately. For example, check the drop-off report to find out where people abandon your quiz. There could be a question that deters people from continuing, or simply too many questions in general. Switch things around to see if changing the order of the questions, refining your phrasing, or excluding a couple of questions make your engagement and bounce rates improve.
Ready to get started?
Types of Quizzes
There are many types of quizzes you can create for your audience, however, they all essentially fall under two main categories:
Personality quizzes aim to teach people something new about themselves. To do so, they ask people a series of questions about their preferences and needs and direct them to a specific result based on their answers. An example of a personality quiz could be: What type of remote worker are you?
In most cases, shoppable quizzes are also personality quizzes, since they ask people about their needs and suggest a product that answers them. An example of a shoppable quiz could be: What type of coffee machine should I buy?
Trivia quizzes challenge people to test their knowledge and often give them new information while doing so. These quizzes are usually built out of multiple choice questions, which have one or more correct answers. In the end, they show participants how well they did based on the number of correct answers they reached. An example of a trivia quiz could be: How much do you know about machine learning?
Trivia quizzes are great for creating excitement and engagement. After all, who doesn’t love a fun challenge that doesn’t make you sweat? Another common use is for quiz competitions, which are a super effective marketing tool.
Try This Quiz Competition
Why Make a Product Recommendation Quiz With Opinion Stage?
We specialize in helping our customers create interactive content that gets more engagement with less effort. Our goal is to offer you a quick and easy way to give your audience an unbeatable customer experience.
Boost Sales of Your Product/Service
Our quiz maker is built for conversion. An eCommerce quiz created with Opinion Stage can reach 80% engagement and 90% completions, which means more exposure to your products or services and more sales.
- Fill your quiz with attention-grabbing images and interactive features that come together to offer an enjoyable and memorable shopping experience.
- Give your customers easy access to product suggestions with a product quiz that looks great and works smoothly on any device, screen, or network connection.
- Add powerful personalization features to make people feel seen and heard and take them one step closer to becoming your loyal customers.
A Cost-Effective Solution
If you have an eCommerce business, you know how important it is to create a fantastic user experience for your online shoppers. But giving them such an experience on a one-on-one basis can cost a lot of time and money. With a product recommendation quiz, you can keep your WooCommerce customers happy by giving them a personalized shopping experience in a time and cost-effective way.
- Easily design a question path that leads potential customers to personalized product recommendations and saves time for your sales team.
- Teach your customers about your product and its use cases through the quiz to reduce the need for individual support.
- Get to know your customers better through their answers to your questions and tailor your products and services based on their personas.
Quick & Easy to Create
With Opinion Stage, you can create an intuitive product quiz quickly, then share it anywhere you’d like in seconds. Our hundreds of templates make it easy to create quizzes and test them out on your site visitors.
When you’ve finished making your quiz, add it to your Woocommerce site and give your customers an excellent experience right away.
You Can Easily Do It Yourself, No Need For A Developer!