There are poll questions and then there are good poll questions. You want to use the ones that will engage your audience.
To choose the best poll questions, you must first understand your target audience. That allows you to pinpoint questions that pique their interest, thus increasing the chance of their participation.
In this article, we share 100 poll questions designed to engage your audience. Better yet, they’re broken down by category, thus allowing you to choose those that best suit your audience and overarching goals.
Funny Poll Questions
There’s nothing like a funny poll question to engage your audience. People love funny, so take advantage of this whenever you can. Here are some ideas to get your creative juices flowing.
- What is the funniest thing to ever happen to you?
- Do you have a good sense of humor?
- Do you typically laugh when watching a funny television show or movie?
- Do your friends consider you funny?
- What is your funniest feature?
- What breed of dog are you?
- What’s the funniest thing you’ve ever done at work?
- What’s the funniest memory from your childhood?
- Have you ever answered a serious question with a totally random (funny) answer?
- What is the quickest way for someone to make you laugh?
Political Poll Questions
Politics will forever be one of the most discussed topics around the world. So, when it comes to a political poll, you always have the opportunity to attract a large number of participants. These political poll question examples are a good jumping-off point.
- What is your political affiliation?
- How would you rate your country’s current leader?
- Do you think the United States political system is broken?
- Do you vote?
- Are you in favor of or against mail-in voting?
- What are your thoughts on the relations between the world’s countries?
- What would you do to change the political landscape for the better?
- Do you watch presidential debates on television?
- Do you have aspirations to run for political office?
- Do you contribute time or money to any political campaign or cause?
Sports Poll Questions
From one side of the world to the next – and everywhere in between – sports bring people together. If you’re creating a sports poll, these are the types of questions you should experiment with.
- Who is a better basketball player?
- Who is the best football player of all time?
- Who is the best team in the NFL this season?
- Which team will win the NBA championship?
- Which MLB team has the best chance of winning the World Series?
- Do you think the NBA should move back its three-point line?
- Who is the best player in college football?
- Which city would you like to see MLS expand to next?
- What is the best streaming service for live sports?
- What sport gives you the best workout?
Sex Poll Questions
Sex sells! Enough said. Here are 10 sex-related questions you could add to your next poll:
- Do you still find your partner attractive?
- How many times per week do you have sex?
- What are your thoughts on the use of sex on television?
- Do you believe that too much sex on television and online is affecting the younger generation?
- Do you have a sex addiction?
- Which celebrity do you find most attractive?
- Is it acceptable to have sex before marriage?
- Is it acceptable to kill before marriage?
- When do you feel the most affection for your partner?
- Do you think it’s a good idea to have the “sex talk” with your children?
Financial Poll Questions
Money is important to everyone. If you have a lot, you want more. If you don’t have enough, you also want more. And for that reason, financial poll questions are attractive to many.
- Do you have an emergency account?
- Do you have enough money saved for retirement?
- Do you have a retirement savings plan?
- How much money do you need to save for a comfortable retirement?
- Can you afford your monthly expenses on your current salary?
- Are you making more or less money this year than last?
- Do you have credit card debt?
- How much credit card debt do you have?
- Do you own or rent your home?
- Do you have a side gig that allows you to earn additional income?
Celebrity Poll Questions
Celebrities have a way of captivating the world’s collective attention. If you have an audience that’s interested in celebrities and related topics, consider using these poll questions (or some variation).
- Do you have a favorite celebrity or could you care less about this world?
- Who is your favorite celebrity?
- Do you enjoy following along with the latest celebrity news and gossip?
- Where do you turn to get your fill of celebrity news?
- Do you think that people pay too much attention to celebrities and the way they live?
- If you could be one celebrity, who would it be?
- Which celebrity do you think is the most talented?
- Which celebrity do you think is the least talented?
- What type of car would you buy if you were a rich celebrity?
- Have you ever met a celebrity in person?
Personality Poll Questions
You can take many different directions when creating a personality poll, but it all starts with choosing the right question(s). The best personality questions are engaging and thought-provoking. Give your audience a reason to partake.
- Do you consider yourself an introvert or an extrovert?
- Do you make friends easily?
- Do you have a creative imagination?
- Would you rather spend time alone or with a group of friends?
- Do you typically get along with the people in your family?
- Do you find it easy to make friends at work?
- How would your co-workers describe you?
- Do you enjoy attending parties?
- Do you trust others?
- Do you prefer to learn in a large or small setting?
Historical Poll Questions
Not everyone enjoys a good historical poll, but you know your audience best. If one of these will hit home, here are 10 example questions you can use.
- Who is the most significant individual in the history of the world?
- Who is the best president of the United States?
- Who is the most influential African American in the history of the world?
- Which sports figures changed the world for the better?
- Who are the worst dictators in the history of the world?
- Which events of the past changed the world for the best?
- Which events of the past changed the world for the worst?
- What are your thoughts on politics in the 19th century?
- Do you have a favorite world leader from the past?
- Which historical figure would you most like to spend time with?
Travel Poll Questions
There’s nothing more exciting than traveling. And even if you’re not on the move, it can be just as exciting to think about where you’ll go next. Here are some travel poll questions that will help you connect with your audience.
- Do you have a favorite place to visit?
- Would you rather visit the beach or the mountains?
- What do you look for when choosing a vacation destination?
- Would you rather travel by train, plane, or automobile?
- Would you rather vacation alone or with your family and/or friends?
- How many vacations did you take over the last year?
- What do you enjoy doing on vacation?
- What type of food do you seek out when traveling?
- Do you have a fear of flying?
- How would you best describe your personality when traveling?
Random Poll Questions
Some poll questions don’t fit into one of the categories above. Instead, they are entirely random. For inspiration, here are 10 random poll questions.
- What is your favorite social network?
- Do you consider yourself entrepreneurial?
- What is your favorite food?
- What is your favorite beverage?
- Would you rather start your own company or work for someone else?
- Do you seek out contact with your neighbors or try to keep to yourself?
- What is your favorite weekend activity?
- Would you rather binge watch a television series or a single movie?
- Would you rather shop or take a nap?
- If you could only have one type of technology in your life, what would it be?
Which Questions Will You Use?
While these 100 poll questions are among the best, remember this: you don’t have to use them verbatim.
Use these questions as a “jumping off” point, but let your creativity run wild. Doing so will ensure you of choosing questions that engage your audience – and that’s what you’re trying to accomplish!