Are you interested in a game that you can play with family or friends? How about a quiz you can use to collect information from co-workers, customers, and perhaps even prospects? Asking this or that questions is not only fun, it can also be informative and educational.
Whether you’re building a poll or including it in a series of questions, a game of this or that is a great form of entertainment. But it’s also much more. You can use it to better understand your customers, expand your email list, attract new prospects, or simply better engage with your audience.
The Ultimate List of This or That Questions
When creating your this or that quiz remember that interesting answers require good questions. And since this is easier said than done, we’re here to help! Below are 100+ this or thats, broken down into four of the most popular categories. With this list of questions, there’s no stopping you.
Personal This or That Questions for Friends & Family
These are great with people you know or with people you’d like to get to know better on a personal level. Fortunately, there’s no shortage of questions you can ask to get the conversation started.
- Single or married?
- Introvert or extrovert?
- Television or radio?
- Netflix or cable?
- Facebook or Instagram?
- School or work?
- Truth or dare?
- Winter or summer?
- Mountains or beach?
- Happiness or success?
- Big party or small gathering?
- Baseball or basketball?
- Shower or bath?
- Jogging or hiking?
- Exercise alone or at the gym?
- Contacts or glasses?
- Computer or iPad?
- Android or iOS?
- Google or Yahoo?
- Apple or Microsoft?
- Tesla or General Motors
- Pen or pencil?
- Coke or Pepsi?
- Coffee or tea?
- Save or spend?
- Comedy movie or romantic movie?
- Love or looking for a good time?
- Curly hair or straight hair?
- Boxers or briefs?
- Beer or wine?
- Scary movie or funny movie?
Professional This or Thats for Your Team\Company
Business/career this or that questions are a good way to get to know your employees, co-workers, prospects, and customers. There’s a lot you can learn about a person based on their answers and preferences.
- Entrepreneur or company-employee?
- Start-up or large corporation?
- Work alone or work together?
- Remote or office?
- Salary or commission?
- Flexible work schedule or fixed schedule?
- Full-time or part-time?
- Bonus or options?
- Details or big-picture?
- Daily meetings or weekly meetings?
- Slack or Zoom?
- Mac or PC?
- Learn independently or take a course?
- Phone call or email?
- Train or plane?
- Trello or Basecamp?
- More money or more free time?
- Formal or casual?
- Piece of paper or tablet?
- Early adopter or late majority?
- Creative or organized?
- Collaborate or compete?
- Answer right away or later when you have time?
- Hire for talent or hire for experience?
- Challenge or routine?
- Vacation or staycation?
- Meet in person or talk on the phone?
- Multitasker or unitasker?
- Work through lunch or take a break?
- Start early or stay late?
- Team lead or team member?
Playful This or That Ideas
We all love playing games, right? Well, when you ask fun questions, that’s the experience you’ll get.
- Waffles or pancakes?
- Ice cream or frozen yogurt?
- Tattoos or piercings?
- Superman or Batman?
- Natural color or dyed hair?
- Country or hip-hop?
- Dress or slacks?
- Sneakers or flip-flops?
- Yoga pants or jeans?
- Spongebob or Patrick?
- South Park or Simpsons?
- America’s Got Talent or American Idol?
- Movie theater or arcade?
- Silver or gold?
- Skydiving or bungee jumping?
- Golf or bowling?
- Snake or spider?
- Aquarium or zoo?
- Fate or coincidence?
- Work out or hang out?
- Smoothies or milkshakes?
- Christmas or Thanksgiving?
- Watch fireworks or set off fireworks?
- Fast food or sit-down restaurant?
- Surprise party or planned event?
- Drive-in movie or sit down in a theater?
- Mother’s Day or Father’s Day?
- Celebrate your birthday or that of a loved one?
- One big gift or several small gifts?
- A love letter or love email?
- Climb a tree or row a boat?
- Sweet or sour?
- Spicy or sweet?
- Video games or board games?
- Dark chocolate or white chocolate?
- Theme park or water park?
Thought-Provoking This or That Ideas
Some this or that questions are superficial. Others dig much deeper. Here’s a sampling of thought-provoking this or thats to consider.
- Heaven or reincarnation?
- Brain or beauty?
- Intelligence or humor?
- Loyal best friend or rich best friend?
- Free time or more money?
- Invest in yourself or invest in others?
- Honest or compassionate?
- Sunrise or sunset?
- Education or life-experience?
- An interesting life or a safe life?
- Rule of law or rule of power?
- Recognition (for the good and bad) or anonymity?
- Conversations or peace and quiet?
Create Your Own This or That Game
Now that we’ve shared many of the best this or that questions, it’s your turn. Were you able to quickly answer most or all of the above? Would you add any other questions to our list?
Create Your Own This or That PollCreate a Poll