Benefits of customer centric marketing
- Target the right customer with the right message, and through the right marketing channel.
- Gather a plethora of information on your customers’ buying behavior, engagement, and interests.
- Identify unique opportunities to create a product or service that would fit the needs of your most valuable customers.
- Create a positive customer experience that helps to improve customer loyalty and leads to more repeat business.
- Maximize customer lifetime value by helping your product exceed customers’ expectations.
Challenges of customer centric marketing
- Sharing customer information across departments
- Changing company culture to align with customers’ needs
- Finding the right technology solutions to manage customer data
How to become customer centric
A customer centric company is able to predict customers’ needs. It knows which products customers need, even if they don’t know it themselves. Such a company is passionate about helping their customers. It understands what customers want and need, and creates services or products based on that understanding.
- Get senior leadership onboard – To be able to shift to a customer centric marketing approach, it’s crucial to get support from senior leadership. If those at the top believe in customer centricity, employees will have an easier time adopting a customer centric approach as well.
- Build a customer centric infrastructure – Personalized experiences are key to customer centricity. The only way to scale these types of experiences is to build a customer centric infrastructure. This infrastructure should be based on systems and workflows designed to provide the customer with as much value as possible.
Customer centric marketing strategies
Gather customer feedback
Marketers can often become so obsessed with their product that they forget about what matters the most: customers and their needs. To become customer centric, it’s crucial to try to look at your offering through the eyes of your customers and understand how they perceive it.
Instead of making assumptions about how your customers think and feel, ask them. To gain a better understanding of their needs, you can gather customer feedback by using surveys, interviews, and quizzes.
One of the best ways to gather customer feedback at scale, surveys allow you to learn how satisfied customers are with your product or service. They can also give you an insight into what your customers would like to see implemented or improved.
Opinion Stage’s Survey Maker gives you an easy way to create customer surveys that achieve excellent participation rates. With the Survey Maker, you can customize every aspect of your survey and make sure that it completely matches your brand’s look and feel.
Conduct customer interviews
Having a one-on-one conversation with a customer allows you to go deep and discuss every aspect of the customer’s experience in detail. Exit interviews, in particular, can provide you with very valuable information on your customers. You can then use this information to improve the customer experience and avoid losing customers.
Use personality quizzes
Gaining an insight into your customers’ personalities can help you define your customer personas in more detail. It will also enable you to adapt your marketing efforts to your customers’ needs and wants.
You can use Opinion Stage’s Quiz Maker to create fun and high-performing quizzes that your customers will enjoy completing. The Quiz Maker includes a variety of pre-made quiz templates that make creating quizzes a breeze.
Educate your customers
A customer centric company focuses on helping its customers reach their goals. One of the best ways to do this is by educating customers.
To educate customers, create content that is relevant to them and that helps them solve their pain points. The different types of content you might want to create include:
- Blog posts
Provide a personalized experience
- Email communication – Your email communication shouldn’t give out the impression of a regular mass email campaign. Instead, customers should feel as if you’re addressing them individually. To achieve this, you’ll need to provide them with precisely the information they need at that moment.
- Content – All the content you create should cater to your customers’ needs and be presented in a format that is the most convenient for them to consume.
- Customer support – All your customers are different and will have different issues and needs. That’s why you need to take a personalized approach to customer support. One way to do this is to use tools such as live chat to be there for your customers any time they need your help.