Fancy yourself a trivia quiz buff? or maybe you are looking to create your own trivia quiz. Well, we’ve got 250+ trivia questions and answers lined up for you to try to figure out and they span many different categories. Do you know everything about movies and television but nothing about health? Or do you think you can answer them all? It’s time to test your knowledge with these fun trivia questions. If you want to create your own online quiz you can also create a trivia quiz from scratch or based on trivia quiz examples & templates.
Sports Trivia Questions
This trivia section deals with record-breaking athletes and the history and rules of sports.
1. How many soccer players should each team have on the field at the start of each match?
2. When Michael Jordan played for the Chicago Bulls, how many NBA Championships did he win?
3. Which Williams sister has won more Grand Slam titles?
4. What country won the very first FIFA World Cup in 1930?
5. In what year was the first-ever Wimbledon Championship held?
6. Which racer holds the record for the most Grand Prix wins?
Answer: Michael Schumacher
7. Which Jamaican runner is an 11-time world champion and holds the record in the 100 and 200-meter race?
Answer: Usain Bolt
8. Which boxer was known as “The Greatest” and “The People’s Champion”?
Answer: Muhammad Ali
9. What sport was Jesse Owens involved in?
Answer: Track and field
10. Which hockey team did Wayne Gretzky play for in the ‘80s?
Answer: Edmonton Oilers
Technology Trivia Questions
These trivia questions focus on cellular phones, operating systems, the history of the computer and social media.
1. What year was the very first model of the iPhone released?
2. What’s the shortcut for the “copy” function on most computers?
Answer: ctrl c
3. What is often seen as the smallest unit of memory?
4. Is Java a type of OS?
5. Who is often called the father of the computer?
Answer: Charles Babbage
6. What does “HTTP” stand for?
Answer: HyperText Transfer Protocol
7. What is the name of the man who launched eBay back in 1995?
Answer: Pierre Omidyar
8. Which email service is owned by Microsoft?
9. Google Chrome, Safari, Firefox, and Explorer are different types of what?
Answer: Web browsers
10. What was Twitter’s original name?
Science Trivia Questions
This part focuses on the weather, planets, and elements. Think you can answer all the trivia questions correctly? Try these questions!
1. Who discovered penicillin?
Answer: Alexander Fleming
2. Who was the first woman to win a Nobel Prize (in 1903)?
Answer: Marie Curie
3. What part of the atom has no electric charge?
4. What is the symbol for potassium?
5. What is meteorology the study of?
Answer: The weather
6. Which planet is the hottest in the solar system?
7. Which natural disaster is measured with a Richter scale?
8. What animals are pearls found in?
9. Which planet has the most gravity?
10. How many molecules of oxygen does ozone have?
Auto Trivia Questions
These trivia questions are all about the automotive world including its history and modern advancements.
1. Who is often credited with creating the world’s first car?
Answer: Karl Benz
2. Which animal can be seen on the Porsche logo?
3. Which companies are part of the Big Three?
Answer: General Motors, Fiat Chrysler Automobiles, and Ford Motor Company
4. Which company owns Bugatti, Lamborghini. Audi, Porsche, and Ducati?
5. Which auto brand was the first to offer seat belts?
Answer: Nash Motors
6. What does BMW stand for (in English)?
Answer: Bavarian Motor Works
7. What or who is the Ford Mustang named after?
Answer: A fighter plane from WWII
8. How many parts (screws and bolts included) does the average car have?
Answer: 30, 000
9. Which car is often called the first muscle car?
Answer: The Pontiac GTO
10. In what year was the Corvette introduced?
Food & Drink Trivia Questions
This trivia quiz question and answers section are about different names for food and dishes from around the world.
1. What is the common name for dried plums?
2. What name does deer meat go by?
3. What other name does “corn” go by?
4. What’s the primary ingredient in hummus?
Around the World
1. Which country produces the most coffee in the world?
2. Which country invented tea?
3. Which kind of alcohol is Russia is notoriously known for?
4. What is the national dish of Spain?
5. Which European nation was said to invent hot dogs?
6. Which country is responsible for giving us pizza and pasta?
Health Trivia Questions
These trivia questions focus on the body’s systems, organs, and diseases.
1. Which organ has four chambers?
Answer: The heart
2. In which body part can you find the femur?
3. What is your body’s largest organ?
Answer: The skin
4. What kind of cells are found in the brain?
5. Which bone are babies born without?
Answer: Knee cap
1. About how many taste buds does the average human tongue have?
Answer: 10, 000
2. What percentage of our bodies is made up of water?
3. Which element is said to keep bones strong?
4. What does the acronym AIDS stand for?
Answer: Acquired Immune Deficiency Syndrome
5. How many times does the heartbeat per day?
Answer: More than 100 000
Comics Trivia Questions
These questions cover questions about the two biggest superhero comic houses in the world.
1. What is Hawkeye’s real name?
Answer: Clint Barton
2. Which Avenger is the only one who could calm the Hulk down?
Answer: Black Widow
3. Night Crawler, member of the X-Men, has what kind of powers?
Answer: Can teleport
4. Which infinity stone was located on Vormir?
Answer: Soul Stone
5. Which original Avenger was not in the first few movies?
Answer: The Wasp
1. What was Superman’s birth name?
2. What is the name of Batman’s butler?
3. Aquaman is from which city under the sea?
4. Who is Green Lantern’s nemesis?
5. What does DC stand for?
Geography Trivia Questions
These trivia questions will take you on a tour around the world? Just how much do you know about each country?
Europe and the Americas
1. What is the name of the thin, but a long country that spans more than half of the western coast of South America?
2. Which American state is the largest (by area)?
3. Which two countries share the longest (or largest) international border?
Answer: Canada and the USA
4. What is the smallest country in the world?
Answer: Vatican City
Asia, Africa, and Australia
1. Which continent is the largest?
2. Which of the Seven Wonders is located in Egypt?
Answer: The Pyramids of Giza
3. What is the capital of New Zealand?
4. Which desert is the largest in the world?
Answer: The Sahara Desert (although Antarctica which is larger might qualify as a desert as well)
5. What is the name of the world’s longest river?
Answer: The Nile
6. Which city in India would you find the Taj Mahal in?
Holidays and Celebrations Trivia Questions
This section of questions covers events celebrated all over the world.
1. What holiday is called “turkey day”?
Answer: Thanksgiving Day
2. In the US, what month is Labor Day in?
3. When is Canada Day?
Answer: July 1st
4. Mexico’s Dia de los Muertos, means what in English?
Answer: Day of the Dead
1. Oktoberfest in Germany is celebrated with what drink?
2. What is celebrated on the 2nd Saturday in June in the United Kingdom?
Answer: The Queen’s Official Birthday
3. Which country celebrates the Storming of the Bastille?
1. Mahatma Gandi’s birthday is a national holiday in which country?
2. The Chinese New Year is celebrated on what day and month?
Answer: 25th January
3. Independence Day in Cambodia is when?
Answer: 9th November
Music Trivia Game
The music trivia questions will test your knowledge about songs and artists across many genres.
1. What was the name of the group Justin Timberlake used to be part of?
Answer: N’ SYNC
2. What was the name of the rock band formed by Jimmy Page?
Answer: Led Zeppelin
3. Which country did AC/DC originate in?
4. What genre of music did Taylor Swift start in?
5. Who was the lead singer of the iconic ‘80s band, Culture Club?
Answer: Boy George
6. Which name is rapper Sean Combs better known by?
Answer: P. Diddy
7. Which musical legend is Jay-Z married to?
8. How many Grammys does John Legend have?
9. Which British girl group had a member by the name of Mel B?
Answer: Spice Girls
10. Which song by Luis Fonsi and Daddy Yankee has the most views (of all time) on YouTube?
Fashion Trivia Questions
This groups of questions explore everything from the history of fashion to popular fashion brands.
History of Fashion
1. Who is seen as the most famous female American fashion icon of the 1960’s?
Answer: Jacqueline Kennedy
2. The American designer born in 1939 as Ralph Lifshitz is better known as what?
Answer: Ralph Lauren
3. According to the commercial, “what is the fabric of our lives”?
1. Who invented the LBD?
Answer: Coco Chanel
2. Parkers, trenches, bombers and peas are types of what winter outerwear?
3. What fashion fad did the 1983 film “Flashdance” make popular?
1. The fashion designer, Gianni Versace, came from which country?
2. When was the company Nike founded?
3. What animal is on Levi’s logo?
4. Which fashion brand made the “Genius Jeans” that became part of the Guinness World Records?
Literature Trivia Questions
This section of questions deal with famous authors and their books.
1. What author became famous for his six-volume biography of Lincoln?
Answer: Carl Sandburg
2. Who wrote “Old Man and The Sea” and is considered one of the greatest writers of the 20thcentury?
Answer: Ernest Hemingway
3. What Danish author is considered by many to be the most prolific fairy tale writer?
Answer: Hans Christian Andersen
4. Who is the writer of “Merchant of Venice”?
Answer: William Shakespeare
5. “Adventure of Sherlock Holmes” was written by which writer?
Answer: Arthur Conan Doyle
1. What is the name of the fourth book in the Harry Potter series?
Answer: Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire
2. The Hunger Games series was written by which author?
Answer: Suzanne Collins
3. Which country is Aesop’s Fables believed to originate in?
4. In Herman Melville’s novel “Moby Dick,” who was the loyal, reasonable first mate?
5. The book “Da Vinci Code,” was written by who?
Answer: Dan Brown
Movies & TV Questions
The trivia game questions are all entertainment-based? Are you a big enough movie and TV fan to answer them all?
1. What is the name of the song that Queen Elsa sings as she builds her ice castle in the movie Frozen?
Answer: Let It Go
2. How many films did Sean Connery play James Bond in?
3. Which Indiana Jones movie was released back in 1984?
Answer: Indiana Jones and the Temple of Doom
4. How many Lord of the Rings films are there?
5. What was the name of the actor who played Jack Dawson in Titanic?
Answer: Leonardo DiCaprio
1. Which popular TV show featured house Targaryen and Stark?
Answer: Game of Thrones
2. What was the name of the family who starred in 7th Heaven?
Answer: The Camdens
3. Which iconic TV featured the main characters, Samantha, Carrie, Cynthia and Charlotte?
Answer: Sex and the City
4. Which cartoon character lives in a pineapple under the sea?
Answer: Spongebob Squarepants
5. In what year was the first episode of South Park aired?
Celebrities and Influencers Trivia Questions
These questions ask about the hottest names in Hollywood and on the internet.
Actors and Actresses
1. Which actor appeared in films “Face Off” and “Ghost Rider”?
Answer: Nicholas Cage
2. Who played Wolverine?
Answer: Hugh Jackman
3. Which actress won the Oscar for Best Actress in 2003?
Answer: Nicole Kidman
4. The Young Victoria was played by which British actress?
Answer: Emily Blunt
1. Coco Gauff made headlines at Wimbledon last year when she beat Venus Williams. How old was Gauff?
2. Usain Bolt is still the fastest man in the world, running 100m in 9.58 seconds. In which year did he set that record?
3. How many times has Rafael Nadal won the French Open as of March 2020?
4. When Michael Jordan played for the Chicago Bulls, how many NBA Championships did he win?
Social Media Stars
1. Who did Forbes name the youngest self-made billionaire in 2019?
Answer: Kylie Jenner
2. Which Dutch makeup artist came out as being transgender in 2020?
Answer: De Jager
Politics Trivia Questions
1. Which American president was involved in the Watergate scandal?
2. What are the surnames of the father-son duos who both served as US presidents?
Answer: Adams and Bush
3. How many presidents have been impeached?
1. Before the laws were changed in 2000, how long was a French president’s term?
Answer: Seven years
2. Who has been the longest-serving monarch of the United Kingdom?
Answer: Queen Elizabeth II
3. World War I began with the death of Archduke Franz Ferdinand, of which country?
1. Donald Trump and which North Korean leader are known to trade threats over the internet?
Answer: Kim Jong Un
2. What was Mao Zedong famous for?
Answer: Leading the Communist Party of China to victory during a Civil War
1. Leader and political icon Nelson Mandela was from which African country?
Answer: South Africa
2. The largest political party in South Africa, the ANC, stands for what?
Answer: African National Congress
Animal Trivia Questions
These trivia questions deal with all things animals including anatomy, their scientific names and more.
1. How long is the gestation period of an African elephant?
Answer: 22 months
2. What’s the scientific name of a wolf?
Answer: Canis lupus
3. What is a female donkey called?
Answer: A Jenny
4. Which mammal has no vocal cords?
5. What’s the fastest land animal in the world?
Answer: The cheetah
6. How many eyes does a bee have?
7. Which animal symbolizes good luck in Europe?
8. What name is used to refer to a group of frogs?
Answer: An army
9. How many hearts does an octopus have?
10. Do sponges have hearts?
This portion of questions goes through legal terms, as well as some of the most popular court cases in history.
1. What is the legal term for a voluntary written statement made under oath?
2. What is the name of the classification of crime which is less serious than a felony?
3. A verdict is a…
Answer: Decision or judgment
4. What is evidence in court, where a person tells everything they saw or know?
5. Who is the group of people sworn to make a decision/deliver a verdict in court?
Famous Court Cases/Criminals
1. What was the verdict in the O.J. Simpson murder trial?
Answer: Not guilty
2. How many homicides did Ted Bundy admit to?
3. Ted Kaczynski was a former graduate of which university?
4. Gregory Lee Johnson was convicted in Texas for what in 1989?
Answer: Burning the flag
5. Butch Cassidy was famous for doing what?
Business and Economy Trivia Questions
In this section, popular figures and brands in business and the economy are explored.
1. Who is the richest person in the world as of 2020?
Answer: Jeff Bezos
2. Bill Gates is the founder of which company?
3. In what year did Steve Jobs die?
4. Larry Page is the CEO of which company?
5. Richard Branson is the owner of which airline?
Answer: Virgin Atlantic
1. What vehicle Volkswagen best known for in the world?
2. Which watch company has a pointed crown as its logo?
3. What is the slogan of Apple Inc.?
Answer: Think different
4. What is Hewlett Packard (HP) originally known for?
5. How many stripes does Adidas have?
History Trivia Questions
This section of trivia questions deals with three different periods in human history.
1. By what name were the Egyptian kings/rulers known as?
2. How many Pyramids of Giza were made?
3. Who which queen was Julius Caesar involved with?
The Middle Ages
1. Where did the Franks settle after defeating the Romans?
2. How long did the Middle Ages last?
Answer: About 1000 years
3. Which religion dominated the Middle Ages?
1. In which year World War I begin?
2. In which country Adolph Hitler was born?
3. John F. Kennedy was assassinated in which city?
4. On Sunday 18th June 1815, which famous battle took place?
Answer: The Battle of Waterloo
Mythology Trivia Questions
This section about mythology covers the Greek, Norse, Roman, and Egyptian pantheons.
1. What is the name of the home of the Greek Gods?
2. Which warrior’s weakness was their heel?
3. Who was the messenger of the gods?
1. What’s the name of the paradise warriors go to after death?
2. Thor was the son of which God?
1. Romulus and Remus were raised by what animal?
Answer: A she-wolf
2. The Roman God of War inspired the name of which planet?
1. What was the name of the Egyptian God of the Sun?
2. Anubis, the God of Death, had the head of a …
3. Set throws Osiris into which river, after tricking him into a coffin?
Answer: The Nile
Games Trivia Questions
This particular question section covers old school board games and modern video games.
1. Where did backgammon originate?
Answer: In Persia
2. How many cards are there in a deck of Uno?
3. In which board game do you try to solve a murder?
4. In chess, the queen has the combined movement of which two pieces?
Answer: bishop and rook
5. Which of these games includes the phrase “Do not pass go, do not collect $200”?
1. The video game “Happy Feet” features what animals?
2. What classic video game requires you to eat all the dots throughout a maze?
3. Which Street Fighter character wears a white outfit and a red headband?
4.“Astro Boy” is what genre of a video game?
5. What sport is featured in the video game “FIFA”?
Riddles and Rhymes Trivia Questions
This portion deals with the nursery rhymes kids learned in school and the riddles some still can’t solve today.
1. In “The Farmer in the Dell,” what did the cat take?
Answer: The rat
2. What did the “Itsy Bitsy Spider” climb up?
Answer: The waterspout
3. What did the “Three Little Kittens” lose?
Answer: Their mittens
4. How many bags of wool did “Baa Baa Black Sheep” have?
5. Why did Jack and Jill go up the hill?
Answer: To fetch a pail of water
1. How can a man go eight days without sleep?
Answer: By sleeping during the night
2. How can you drop a raw egg on the concrete floor without cracking it?
Answer: The egg won’t crack the concrete floor
3. If there are 6 apples and you take away 4, how many do you have?
4. What goes up and down, but still remains in the same place?
5. What gets wetter and wetter the more it dries?
Answer: A towel
Religion Trivia Questions
This section contains questions about the most followed faiths in the world.
1. How many books are in the Catholic Bible?
2. How many fish were used to feed the 5,000 along with the loaves?
1. Which god is considered the “destroyer” and is part of the Hindu Trinity?
2. The mother of the youngest Pandavas is?
1. The Islamic calendar is based on which cycle?
2. Who was the last prophet in Islam?
1. “Cohen” is Hebrew for what?
2. What is the Hebrew term for “commandment”?
1. In which country was Buddha born?
2. Where does Buddhism fall in a ranking of the world’s largest religion?
Interior and Exterior Design Trivia Questions
This section of questions will quiz you on everything from famous buildings to furniture in your home.
1. What is the tallest building in the world?
Answer: Burj Khalifa
2. When did construction on the Empire State building started?
3. Who designed the Sydney Opera House?
Answer: Jorn Utzon
4. Between 1933 to 1947, the Hoover Dam was called what?
Answer: Boulder Dam
5. Where can you find the Petronas Towers?
Answer: Kuala Lumpur
Design and Furniture
1. Who invented the bidet?
Answer: Christophe Des Rosiers
2. What is the smallest size bed available in the United States?
3. Stripes, chevron, floral, and plaid are examples of what?
4. What design style uses lots of sea/ocean themed items?
5. What’s another name for a footrest?
Performing Arts Trivia Questions
These questions ask of performing arts in the acting and dancing industries.
1. Who played Anita in the first Broadway production of West Side Story?
Answer: Chita Rivera
2. In which US city is Broadway located?
Answer: New York City
3. What is the longest-running Broadway show?
Answer: The Phantom of the Opera
4. Which show is the highest-grossing production on Broadway ever?
Answer: The Lion King
5. Broadway was established in what year in New York?
1. In which period did ballet originate?
Answer: Italian Renaissance
2. What is the name of the most memorable/popular ballet of all time?
Answer: The Nutcracker
3. What French ballet term means ‘in front’?
4. Who was the greatest male ballet dancer of the early 20th century?
Answer: Vaslav Nijinsky
5. What is a plié in ballet?
Answer: Bending at the knees
Now that you’ve gone through all our trivia questions, just how many did you manage to answer correctly? Feel free to challenge your friends to see who the trivia quiz champ is!
Looking for more trivia questions? view our Trivia templates & examples.
Want to learn more about our trivia maker? go to the Trivia Maker product page.