All Nobel Prizes 2019
In the late 1960s, Sveriges Riksbank (Sweden’s central bank) established a prize in economic sciences in memory of Alfred Nobel. The Prize in Economic Sciences is awarded at the same time as the Nobel Prize, as part of the same ceremony.
Only 5% of the matter and energy in the universe is known today. The remaining 95% is hidden from us.
Michel Mayor and Didier Queloz discovered the first planet outside our solar system, an exoplanet, orbiting a solar-type star in our home galaxy, the Milky Way.
The 2019 Medicine Prize is about what happens in cells if they receive too much or too little oxygen.
Abiy Ahmed is being awarded for taking the initiative to resolve the border conflict between Ethiopia and Eritrea.
The 2019 Economic Sciences Prize is about new ways of conducting research on how to combat poverty.
They showed that more individualised instruction and tutoring for the weakest students is the best way to boost student results in low- and medium-income countries.