Using Interactive Content is one of the most effective methods of increasing ad performance. It has can help publishers with high traffic volumes to increase their ad revenue, as well as the number of clicks on their content.
How Interactive Content helps you increase ad revenue
There are 3 ways in which interactive content can help increase your ad revenue:
1) Page ads – Using interactive content on your site dramatically increases the time users spend on your site and also helps you drive new traffic via social sharing. This results in more revenue from your existing website ads.
2) Integrated ads – Opinion Stages lets you integrate your ads inside the interface of your interactive content. This results in a much higher ad CPM (up to 3X) than if the ads were displayed external to the content. Below are some examples of integrated ads:
3) Ad refresh – Interactive content requires users to transition between pages/cards, which means you can configure it to display different ads inside/outside the content of each transition.
Following is an example of an ad integrated into a quiz:
Below is an example of an ad embedded in a poll. In this example, the ad is refreshed for each poll that is displayed:
Who manages the ads?
Publishers can select between:
1) Managing the ads using their existing ad partners (in this case, you can integrate ad code into your content)
2) Letting Opinion Stage manage the ads (available in certain geographies for sites that have at least 1 million monthly visitors)
For more information, refer to the ad revenue solution page